Saturday, June 7, 2008

Reading assignment

What would my typical day be like, if I live in Philippine?


After my retirement, it is very important for me to decide where to live and how to spend retired life, because it will be the second page of my life. I consider living in Philippine after retirement. If I live there, I can expect comfortable life with financial stability and free myself from complicated life in seoul.
In the morning, first of all I will get up early and pray for God. And I will take a walk breathing fresh air along the beach. After coming back home, I will take a breakfast with family reading a newspaper for korean residents. Breakfast will be a fresh fish food and desert is fruit such as mango, pineapple, banner, etc. I was told that there are plentiful fish and fruit in Philippine. After breakfast, I will talk about interesting things with family in the living room. And then, I will enjoy many hobbies, such as swimming, reading, cultivating garden, refting, fishing, diving, etc, which I couldn't do in Korea.
In the afternoon, I will attend to several kinds of social meeting or offer sacrifices for people who need the help. As a result, I will be familier with native people and can understand their culture. Activities for the poor will also give me meaning of the life and make me live as complete philippine.
In the evening, I will go shopping mall or take a rest watching TV. Before going to the bed, I will call relatives and friends who live in Korea on the computer-phone. Then, after praying for God, I will go to the bed.
It must be a new challenge to live in other nation. But It is worth to challenge even though many expected difficulties that wasn't mentioned up, because the possibility of the happy silver life is higher in Philippine than in Korea. I can enjoy spare time and abundant life that I can't have in Korea for economical reason.

1 comment:

Yong-Wou Lee said...

Hi! John ! How's trip ? How are you going well your English conversation? I think most of all, your topic well builted.I also understand clearly of your essay... But, if i were you, imight change these word like below
* take a breakfast - take breakfast / after pineapple,--pineapple and banana /
as complete-- as a Filipino
that's all .. good luck John
from Jean